Generally, thinning skin and factors such as stress or natural aging can force the blood vessels closer to the surface of the skin. This results in those dark purple or black semi-circular lines.
Eye puffiness can also increase the appearance of dark eye circles. Other factors, such as heredity, can play a part, particularly if one or both of your parents also have the dark circles problem.
Lack of sleep or excessive tiredness can also play a role in their unsightliness. Allergies and constantly rubbing your itchy eyes can make blood vessels dilate too.
No matter what the reason is, most people want to find a way to improve their looks. Hiding dark circles with cosmetics can become time-consuming and expensive. But there are effective ways to decrease their appearance, such as using almond oil.
How Does Almond Oil Work on Face?
Almond oil has therapeutic properties that can be effective for dark circle treatment. It can also benefit the body in many other ways.
- Works as an anti-inflammatory both on the skin and internally.
- Excellent anti-oxidant to stop harmful free-radicals in the body.
- Great moisturizing properties.
- Light laxative for constipation.
- Good anti-fungal and anti-bacterial product.
- Also serves a double purpose at helping to erase fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and helps to decrease the unsightly inflammation from eye bags.
- Has a pleasant and light aroma that’s not offensive or that bothers people, such as when using olive, castor, or coconut oils.
How to Use Almond Oil to Decrease the Appearance of Dark Circles
It’s simple to use almond oil on your face to help decrease the appearance of dark circles. Follow these steps to look your best.
- Do your almond oil treatments at bedtime.
- Wash your face with mild soap and a clean washcloth.
- Pat dry with a fresh towel.
- Do not apply moisturizer!
- Pour a couple of drops of almond oil onto your fingertips.
- Gently massage the oil underneath both eyes with your pinky finger.
- Use a tissue to blot if you’ve added too much.
- Leave overnight.
- Wash your face normally in the morning.
- Avoid using makeup around your eyes during your treatment.
- Repeat this process nightly for six weeks.
Almond and Honey to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Almond oil and honey together will help improve its texture and be useful if you have bad under-eye circles.
Collect together the following supplies and ingredients.
- 5 to 6 drops of almond oil, any type.
- One tablespoon of raw, organic honey.
- Clean washcloth and towel.
Steps to Make
Do the following steps to make your under-eye mask.
- Wash your face with a gentle skin cleanser.
- Pat dry with the clean towel.
How to Apply
- Mix the drops of oil and honey in the palm of your hand.
- Pat it onto your under-eye skin gently.
- Leave on while you do the rest of your evening routine.
- Gently wipe off the excess with a damp washcloth.
- Pat dry but do not rinse.
- Wash your face normally in the morning.
- Avoid using cosmetics around the face.
- Repeat treatments every evening for 6 weeks.
Warnings or Precautions
Almond oil is 100% natural and contains no other ingredients, but you should still follow warnings and precautions when using it.
- Do not use other oils, creams, or lotions when doing your almond oil treatments.
- Only apply almond oil or other dark circle eye treatments to under your eyes. Never use them above or surrounding your eyes.
- Do try your almond oil treatments once a day for six weeks.
- Avoid getting the oil in your eyes as it can cloud your vision.
- Do use a tissue to blot up excess oil. If it’s run down your face, you’ve used too much.
- Follow the storage instructions above about storing it in a cool dark place.
- Do not use it if it smells rancid.
- Do not use it if it’s past its expiry date.
- Buy from a reputable manufacturer with proper labels, particularly if you’re buying bitter almond oil.
- Do not use it if you’re pregnant.
- If you suffer allergies, test a few drops of oil inside your wrist.
- Do not use almond oil if you have an almond oil allergy. Use caution if you’re allergic to other seeds or nuts.
- Discontinue usage if you get hives or a red rash at any time.
- Try to purchase the highest quality oil that you can afford, such as organic sweet almond oil.
- Try to be patient with treatments. Many people say they notice an improvement in the first 48 hours, but then nothing until the 4 to 6 week mark after that.
- If you’re concerned about dark circles that have suddenly sprung up, book an appointment with your doctor to discuss.