Who doesn’t dream of having long, thick and dark eyelashes? It is widely assumed that the stature of lashes makes your eyes look gorgeous. But not everybody is fortunate to have them. For those who missed out of having such beautiful eyelashes, there are many natural remedies capable of letting you achieve it.
For instance, Castor oil is found to be effective in growing and thickening eyelashes.
It is also capable of preventing them from breaking and can also trigger the growth of eyelashes at places where they are not present in abundance.
These days people are ready to spend any amount of money on cosmetic products for achieving beautiful thick eyelashes. Among them, one of the most widely accepted method is using Mascaras, they are adored by most of the women since they are capable of providing beauty on eyes in quick time. But these artificial methods won’t work for prolonged periods. So the bottom line is that if you want to achieve attractive eyelashes, look around yourself and choose an effective natural alternative rather than spending a lot of money on artificial products.
Infographic for Quick Info:
Now since you have a brief idea about castor oil, let us see what are the nutrients present in it which makes them effective enough in growing eyelashes.
Nutrient Rich Castor Oil
Castor oil is comprised of vitamin E, minerals, proteins and antibacterial properties. Apart from that they are also rich in triglyceride variant of fatty acids. It is these properties that makes castor oil an effective healing agent. They have a wide range of health benefits.
Enhancing the growth of eyelashes is just one among them.
- Recommended Reading : Castor Oil for Stretch Marks – How Does it Work?
They works by strengthening and hydrating the eyelashes and thereby providing an environment that allows eyelashes to grow without any crisis. The wide range of benefits offered by castor oil is what makes them an easily acceptable choice among many people who are critical about their bad smell and taste. Many people are of the opinion that routine usage of castor oil has incredibly improved the quality of their eyelashes.
Now let us see how all these nutrients in castor oil impacts the growth of eyelashes.
Impact of Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Castor oil is packed with nutrients, hence they are extensively used for the treatment of problems caused largely due to the lack of nutrition. It is a well known anti-inflammatory product with effective mechanisms. The fact that they can naturally moisturize and rehydrate the area where it is applied makes it easy for the eyelashes to grow quickly. They are also capable of penetrating deep into the skin and work from the inside out.
Best time to apply Castor oil on Eyelashes
It is good to apply castor oil on to the baseline of your eyelashes. So while applying you should make sure that you are not over using it. It is always recommended to use some tools which can aid you on this purpose. The best solution for this will be to use an Eyeliner Brush.
The best time to apply castor oil is at night, preferably couple of hours before bed time. While it is perfectly fine to use them during day time, there is a big advantage in applying them at night as this allows more time to saturate and start the process which aids in growing eyelashes. Care must be taken so as to avoid them from getting in contact with the eyes and in case it happens, you must wash your eyes immediately as this may cause extreme irritations.
You can start of your morning by removing castor oil from eyelashes. For this purpose, you can either use a makeup remover or water. But make sure you don’t rub or pull on your lashes to avoid losing eyelashes.
It is important to give enough time for the oil to enhance the condition of your eyelashes. Sometimes it might take several weeks to show the results. But it is important to use them routinely to maintain the look and health of eyelashes.
Now that we are aware of the best time for applying the oil on eyelashes, let us see how to apply them to your lashes in 6 simple steps!
6 Steps to Apply Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Follow these below mentioned steps to effectively make use of castor oils to promote the growth of eyelashes.
- Clean your face with water and remove any traces of makeup, especially from eyes.
- Make sure to use cold pressed castor oil because they tend to be pure and the natural kind.
- Take an eyeliner brush and slowly dip it into the castor oil, make sure the brush doesn’t carry oil in excess amount.
- Now with the help of that brush, apply the oil carefully on your lashes.
- It is better to apply them at night before you sleep. Leave it on for the entire night for best results.
- At morning, with the help of a makeup remover you can remove the oil from eyelashes.
Depending on the individual needs and preferences, you can make changes in the above mentioned steps. It might take some time to show off the results, so it is better to use castor oil on eyelashes in a routine basis.
How Castor Oil Prevent the Loss of Eyelashes ?
As we grow up our eyelashes will start to fall off or break up by themselves. This is due to the weakening of skin tissues around the eyes. Gradually your skin will become sloppy and follicles of eyelashes won’t stick well in it, in such cases even the slightest of touch to the eyelashes can lead to the loss of hair. To a large extend we can prevent this phenomenon by using a combination of castor oil with other oils. Hair follicles will easily absorb castor oil and thereby helping it to penetrate deep into the internal structure of the tissue.
The best possible combination will be to mix up a few drops of grape seed oil and almond oil. This mixture can be applied gently on your eyelashes and made to wait for about 1 hour and after that you can wash them off. It will be better if you could do this routinely for at least couple of weeks.
The mask made up of castor oil and vitamin E can also be used for this purpose. This is best when done before going to bed as this will allow them to penetrate well into the skin. You can wash them off at morning. Following this procedure for 2-3 weeks will surely bring in good positive results.
Beauty Secrets of Castor Oil
While considering the properties of oils that counts for improving the beauty of skin, castor oil has always been found to beat its competitors fair and square. They are rich in ricinoleic acid which provides the antibacterial properties.
Castor oil can be a good beauty product if applied topically, in fact they can do wonders in beauty treatments. You could always look out for the natural version of the oil as branded products is almost devoid of properties that counts for its health benefits. Below mentioned are some of the beauty benefits of castor oil.
1) Facial Cleanser : Castor oil is found to be a good facial cleanser, especially along with other carrier oils they can leave your face fresh and glowing at the same time. They can also act as a good makeup remover, if used along with water. The results are almost five times better than other chemical facial cleanser products. So if you have not yet tried castor oil facial cleansing, you should give it a try!
2) Thickening of Eyebrows : Applying castor oil in optimum amount will do wonders in growing your eyebrows. The best thing about this is that you don’t even have to spend any time applying them on your eyebrows! Just a mere touch of them in your eyebrows before you sleep is more than enough to thicken them.
3) Hair Growth : Very recently people realized the ability of castor oil in promoting the growth of hair. In fact it is found that they work well in combination with coconut oil. The best time to apply this mix is at least 1-2 hours before you sleep. Kindly massage them onto your scalp and wait for it to penetrate deep. Make sure you don’t over use it. You can wash them off the next morning. It is found so effective in regrowing lost hair and also in improving the quality of hair.
4) Growing Eyelashes : Castor oil is something that is so rich in nutrients and deeply concentrated, hence even a small amount of oil can do wonders on your lashes. Some people gets skeptical when it comes to using castor oil so close to their eyes, as they can lead to extreme irritations if it comes in contact with eyes. So it is always better to use a mascara brush to apply the oil on eyelashes.
Side Effects of Castor Oil
There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that using castor oil will leave you with stronger and thicker eyelashes which won’t break easily. In fact they can make the lashes to grow long and thick in quick time. The number of people who have enjoyed these rich benefits may outnumber the number of people, who had succumbed to the side effects caused by over usage of castor oil.
It is assumed that at moderate dosage, castor oil works fine without any side effects. But still it is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women to take castor oil orally as this may lead to inflammatory intestinal diseases or abdominal pain.
When it comes to using them along with eyebrows or eyelashes, care must be taken as to not let them get in contact with the eyes. As any such contact may lead to extreme irritation of eyes causing redness or intense pain.
- Recommended read : 5 Best Castor Oil Brands – How to Pick the Right Castor Oil for Hair
How To Choose The Best Castor Oil ?
The first and foremost thing that you need to keep in your mind is that the purchased oil is the correct type of castor oil. You should check the label and the stickers in to see whether it is 100% cold pressed or cold processed as these are the primary symbols of a pure and natural product.
3 Popular Castor Oils, According to Reviews and Rating :
- Cammile Q 100% Pure Organic Castor Oil, Cold Pressed
- Molivera Organics 100% Pure Castor Oil, Cold Pressed, 16-Ounce
- NOW Solutions Castor Oil, Multi Purpose, 100% Pure, 16-Ounce
The best thing will be to check out a local health food store or an online store to find out the castor oil of your choice.
Achieving beautiful eyelashes with the help of castor oil is easy, but you need to use them on a routine basis in order to get the best results. The use of castor oil for improving the thickness of eyelashes is one of the oldest home remedy. This is great as you only need to apply them at night while you sleep. So what are you waiting for? Go to bed with a bit of castor oil touched up on to your eyelashes and let them prepare to grow as you rest!!
Hope you enjoyed reading this article. Have you ever tried them before? If so let us know your feedback on their effects. If you would like to share us any other natural remedies for improving eyelashes, please feel free to do so in the below comment box.