Carrot oil, also known as carrot seed oil, is considered an essential oil with plenty of uses. They are found to be effective in retaining fluids in our body, thereby moisturizing the skin.
What is Carrot Oil?
Carrot seed oil, as the name indicates, is extracted through steam distillation, mainly from the dried seeds of the plant. This gentle oil is famous for its antibacterial and healing properties. They are found to be capable of infusing moisture to dry skin, scalp, and hair. Whether you opt to use it on its own or along with other carrier oils is entirely your choice.
Benefits of Carrot Oil
- Lower Cancer Risk: Carrot oil is found to be effective in preventing some forms of cancer. These anti-cancerous properties are partly due to its antioxidant features.
- Antiviral & Antiseptic: The antiseptic properties help them to fight against the effects of infections. They are found to be extremely useful in curing sores, ulcers, and other stomach related problems.
- As a Stimulant: Carrot oil is capable of stimulating both circulation and metabolic functions. Apart from that, they can also stimulate the secretion of hormones, enzymes, etc. They can even make you feel more alert and active by stimulating brain functions and nerves.
- Detoxifier: Carrot seed oil can detoxify the blood, tissues, and other internal organs like the liver and kidneys. Moreover, they can eliminate toxins like uric acid present in blood, muscles, and joints. This will help to cure arthritis and rheumatism to a great extent.
- As a Stress Reliever: Carrot seed oil is widely used in aromatherapy because of its mild and soothing aroma, which is found to be very effective in relieving stress and anxiety.
Now that we are aware of the essential applications of carrot oil. Let us see how it can be used to improve the health of our hair and skin.
Carrot Oil for Hair
As we know, the carrot has many nutrients that are good for hair like vitamins A & E. They are capable of promoting hair growth and can even prevent hair loss. It is said that regular usage of carrot oil can strengthen and make your hair shinier. They are considered as an excellent moisturizer for both hair and skin.
How to Use Carrot Oil on Hair?
Carrot oil can largely improve the strength of your hair. The treatment involves the following steps:
- Take half a cup of carrot oil and boil it.
- Now part the hair in sections and apply them directly onto your scalp.
- Once all your head is covered, begin circularly massaging your scalp.
- Continue this process for about 15 minutes until you are sure that the oil is completely absorbed into the scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and sit under a dryer for an hour.
- Now you are free to wash off it thoroughly.
Carrot Oil for Skin
Carrot oil is an essential ingredient in most skin care products. They can soothe your skin and help in preventing wrinkles or stretch marks from appearing.
How to Use Carrot Oil on Skin?
- As Directly: Insert 4-5 drops of carrot seed oil on a bowl and apply them gently to your skin. It is better to use this method at night. It helps to reduce thin lines and wrinkles in the skin.
- Carrot Shampoo Bar: Yes, you heard it right! A highly effective shampoo bar can be made with the help of carrot oil, milk, and honey. This shampoo can help you keep your skin smooth and moisturized at the same time.
- Create a Carrot Oil Lotion: There is no other better way than applying the carrot oil all over your skin. And the lotion is the best way to achieve that.
Things You Should Remember
It is assumed that carrot oil is good for respiratory problems, but over usage of carrot oil can lead to headaches and vomiting. People who have epilepsy or asthma should also avoid using carrot seed oil.
You can even try out a skin test to see whether the oil is right for your skin. Place a drop of carrot seed oil on a small portion of your skin and wait for a day. If there is no sign of skin irritations, it means carrot oil is ideally suited to your skin.
Where Can I find them?
You can find good quality carrot oils at local stores. Make sure you check the label before buying it. In case you have any doubts, feel free to ask it with the salesman.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article on carrot oil. We would love to hear from you on your experiences of using carrot oil and how it improved the health of your hair and skin. Feel free to drop in your valuable feedback and queries.