Have you ever wondered how you can make use of Avocado oil for your hair growth?
Well, then this article is just for you!
A nutritious oil pressed from Avocado fruit, which is rich in monounsaturated fats, proteins, vitamins, potassium, and other minerals. It is these abilities that make Avocado a superfood.
Because of its lubricating nature, the oil coats all the strings of hair, thus making it shinier and stronger.
Benefits Of Avocado Oil for Hair
Now, we will briefly explain how avocado oil can be used effectively.
1. As a moisturizer: Avocado oil can enter deeply into hair strands and provide a wet environment for hair. Hence they can act as an excellent moisturizer.
2. As a hair oil: Because of the high penetrative power, they don’t leave any stiffness on the surface of the hair. Therefore they are widely used as hair oil.
3. As a detangler: Avocado oil can be used as a perfect detangler without having a slippery feel. We can either use them alone or in combination with other oils.
4. As a dandruff remover: They can also help in preventing hair loss and other dandruff related problems to a great extent.
Here is an infographic for quick info:
Impact of Avocado Oil on Hair Growth
Of all the vitamins, avocado oil is rich in Vitamin E and B. These vitamins work at a deeper level by penetrating the epidermis, thereby strengthening the hair. Vitamin B also supports hair growth, while Vitamin E is associated more with the repairing of hair damage.
The monounsaturated fatty acid present in avocado oil is even higher than that of extra virgin olive oil and is one of the prime reasons why it is so good for your hair. Many people suffer from dry, damaged, and weak hair due to chemical treatments or environmental pollution.
Monounsaturated fats, when applied directly in a hair mask, will nourish and strengthen hair strands, thereby improving the way they look and protecting them from further damage.
Massaging avocado oil into your scalp also prompts blood flow to your hair follicles. This will help more nutrients to reach the follicles quickly and work upon them to bring new growth and healthier hair in general.
5 Steps To Apply Avocado Oil On Hair
Once you have the required ingredients, it is easy to make avocado oil paste to apply on hair. Here we will explain five simple steps for using avocado oil on hair.
- Mix one quarter (¼) of a skin soap (preferably vegetable soap) along with 1-2 spoon of glycerine and 1-2 spoon of avocado oil in a bottle.
- Continue this process of mixing for about 1-2 minutes. For a better and quicker result, it is advisable to shake the bottle.
- Take out the mixed solution and paste it over your hair. If needed, you can also apply shampoo and wait for it to dry up.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes so that it will completely dry up.
- Wash out the hair with water (preferably cold water).
How To Use Avocado Oil As Hair Mask
Many of you might have already heard about the use of avocado oil as a face mask. But did you ever thought that they could help nourish the hair strands using a hair mask? Its ability to penetrate deep into the hair follicles is what makes them unique.
For making a hair mask, you need the following ingredients.
- 1-2 spoons of avocado oil
- 1 spoon of honey
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- Egg (preferably white part)
Make sure the ingredients you use are of good quality and fresh.
Start this procedure by mixing all the ingredients mentioned above and apply them to hair. Wait for 5-6 minutes and wash it off with water.
How To Choose An Avocado Oil?
Avocado oil can be used either in its purest form or in organic form. Both are readily available in the markets and have similar properties. But generally, organic forms have a longer lifespan compared to purest forms.
3 Popular Avocado Oils, According to Reviews and Rating:
- NOW Foods, 100% Pure Avocado Oil, 16 Ounce
- Maple Holistics, 100% Pure Avocado Oil for Hair & Skin
- Avocado Oil 16 Oz by Belleza Solutions, 100% Pure & Cold Pressed
Usually, nutrient-rich avocado oil will have a dark green color. This is a good indication that the oil has been less processed. Less processed oil will have more vitamins, amino acids, and other essential minerals.
Unfortunately, until we open the bottle, we can’t be sure whether the oil is dark green because most of these oil bottles will have dark-colored protective wrappings around the bottle. For best results, it is ideal for storing avocado oil away from direct sunlight. You can buy avocado oil either online or directly from shops.