Sweet almond oil is pressed from natural almonds. Almonds are a healthy snack that is low in carbohydrates, but high in iron and protein. Not only can they benefit your body internally, but externally as well.
What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet almond oil is a carrier oil, but it can also be used as a fixed oil. This is an oil that can be used as a base for scent and aromatherapy purposes, or it can be used alone to soften your skin.
Sweet almonds are the version of nut that you eat. It is incredibly healthy, as they are low-carb and are gluten-free. Sweet almond oil is mostly composed of olein and contains linoleic acid and glucosides. It’s full of protein, minerals, and vitamins that make is so nourishing and revitalizing to your skin.
There can be some confusion over which oil to use: sweet almond oil or bitter almond oil. There are differences between the two that you need to know before deciding which is best for your skin.
Sweet almond oil is best for the skin. Bitter almond oil is more of essential oil. Essential oils must be diluted in a carrier oil before being applied to the skin. Technically, you can dilute your bitter almond oil in sweet almond oil.
How Sweet Almond Oil Can Benefit Your Skin
Sweet almond oil is a natural moisturizer that can be used for any skin. It’s particularly beneficial for dry, flakey, and sensitive skin. It’s a medium to light oil that is nicely absorbed into the skin and doesn’t leave it feeling too greasy.
Sweet almond oil can be applied directly to the skin or made into skin serums. You can use it in every region of your body, from face to feet.
There are endless ways that sweet almond oil can benefit your skin. Here are just a few to help you get started with your daily routine.
- Get smooth and soft skin.
- Hypoallergenic oil that is safe to use on sensitive skin.
- It’s fully absorbed and doesn’t leave a greasy, sticky feel.
- Sweet almond oil naturally contains Vitamin E, so you don’t have to add extra.
- It contains anti-oxidants to fight free-radicals that can cause damage.
- Heals up damage from the sun.
- Keeps skin soft and supple for longer.
- Can be used to decrease dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Can be used to ease a bad sunburn.
- Use the almond oil for skin whitening and to fix sun-damaged patches on the skin.
- Relieve the itchiness and flakiness of eczema and psoriasis.
- Use it to relieve the discomfort of skin infections.
- Repair early signs of aging.
- Prevent and delay the signs of aging around the face and neck.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Clean the skin by removing impurities and environmental pollutants.
- Use in replacement to foot or hand cream.
- Use as a soothing makeup remover.
- Treat dry, chapped lips.
- Treat dry peeling cuticles.
- Soften dry elbows and knees.
- Soothe a dry and itchy scalp with dandruff.
Is Almond Oil Good for Acne?
Almond oil is also suitable for acne. Since it’s light in texture, it can penetrate deep into the pores of your skin. This will help to loosen dirt and debris that can clog up oil glands leading to pimples.
Almond oil also contains natural antioxidants and compounds that can kill the bacteria that live deep inside the pores of your skin and cause acne.
How to Use Sweet Almond Oil
The best way to use sweet almond oil is to dab some oil onto a cotton puff, then directly apply to your face. A cotton puff preserves the integrity of the almond oil in the bottle, so it doesn’t become contaminated with whatever is on your fingertips.
You can also carefully pour a few drops onto your fingertips if you don’t want to waste cotton puffs. But do try and keep your fingers away from the inside of the lid.
Gently pat the oil around your face. It’s so gentle you can even apply it around ears, nostrils, and your eyes.
Simple Almond Oil for Face Recipe
If you want to experience extra benefits with your sweet almond oil, you can make a special sweet almond oil for face recipe. This can be utilized for a variety of skin conditions, or simply to relax at bedtime.
Follow these steps to make your sweet almond oil for skin treatment.
Ingredients to Use
Collect together the following three ingredients, then the required tools to make a nourishing sweet almond oil for skin treatment.
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 drops of essential lavender oil
- Small bowl
- Small spoon
Method to Make Almond Oil Face Mask
Measure out your three ingredients and place them into the bowl. Mix them until they’re thoroughly blended.
You should still be able to move the spoon through the mixture. If it gets too thick, add a few more drops of almond oil. If it’s too runny, pour in a bit more coconut sugar.
How to Apply Almond Oil for Face Mask
Follow these steps for the best application of sweet almond oil for skin.
- Wash your face with a mild soap then dry with a clean towel.
- Do the following steps over the sink, so you don’t get sugar and oil everywhere.
- Scoop up your almond oil for face mixture in your fingers.
- Warm it up in your hands until it moves smoothly.
- Pat onto your face.
- Place the mixture on your forehead, chin, nose, and jawline.
- Avoid eyes, but if you do get some there, wipe it off with a towel.
- Add a few drops of hot water to help move it around.
- Gently rub the mixture around your face in circles.
- Gentle massage it around for about a minute.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe off the excess.
- Rinse your face with a clean cloth and warm water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- No need to add any moisturizer at this point, as your face will feel soft and supple.
- If there is any excess left in the bowl, use it on your elbows and knees, then rinse off after a minute.
Precautions When Using Almond Oil
Using almond oil for skin is reasonably safe, but there are a few precautions to note when using it.
- If you’re allergic to almonds, do not use it at all.
- If you have any hives or red skin rash after application, discontinue usage.
- While it’s safe to use around your eyes, it can impair your vision if you use too much.
- There’s no need to use an excess of oil to experience the benefits.
- Use a tissue or cloth if you have accidentally applied too much oil to your face.
- Remember to never use bitter almond oil directly on your skin, particularly in excessive amounts. Essential oils can make the skin feel like they’re burning if they’re not diluted with a carrier oil.