Most of us have suffered from a lousy acne skin condition at least once in our lifetimes, but for many others, it can be an ongoing problem. This is because the bacteria that causes acne—Propionibacterium acnes—live on almost every human’s skin, but mainly on the face.
How Aloe Vera Can Help Your Acne Condition
Aloe vera gel is a clear soft gel that is removed from inside of aloe vera limbs. This gel is safe for direct application to the skin. Aloe vera is used in a wide variety of cosmetics, lotions, and creams.
Here are some reasons why you should choose aloe vera first before reaching for that store-bought acne preparation.
- Aloe vera contains various healing and antiseptic compounds to heal and prevent acne. Gibberellins is a growth hormone, and glucomannan is a mannose-rich polysaccharide that all work together as an antiseptic to treat acne.
- Aloe vera absorbs excess oil, which is a cause of skin pores clogging up.
- The glycol-proteins in it work at reducing inflammation, redness, and irritation that results in pimples.
- Aloe vera is a natural antioxidant.
- Aloe vera contains essential nutrients, such as vitamins C and E, and zinc.
- It’s also full of catechins, carbohydrates, amino acids, carotenoids, and flavonoids.
- It works as an astringent on the skin, cleaning it, and clearing out pores of sebum, dirt, and dead skin cells.
- It stimulates the skin to promote new cell growth.
What is the Best Way to Use Aloe Vera for Acne?
Aloe vera will not only help your face to heal from acne but provide a bit of moisture to keep it from drying out. It’ll also make your face feel fresh and clean after all that excess oil has been weighing it down.
It’s simple to use aloe vera to help your acne skin condition. You may also make up unique recipes with aloe vera that will help your face to heal even faster than just using the aloe vera gel by itself.
Follow these steps to cleanse and moisturize your face.
- Use a clean washcloth that is soft and not harsh or rough.
- Wash your face with a bar of gentle soap and warm water.
- Pat dry with a clean, soft towel.
- Apply a 1/4 tablespoon of aloe vera from the bottle to your clean, dry skin.
- Gently smooth it around your face. It is safe to use around eyes, mouth, and ears.
- Avoid using cosmetics until most of your acne has healed up.
- If you have acne on your body, have a shower with soap and water first, then apply the aloe vera gel to the affected regions of your body.
- Use a clean washcloth and towel every time to avoid passing bacteria back and forth.
1. Aloe Vera & Lemon Acne Face Wash
A soothing face wash containing aloe vera gel and lemon juice will help to heal the lousy acne inflammation that you’ve been battling for months. You may also have scars over several months, so the lemon juice will work at healing and lightening them up.
Collect together the following ingredients to make up a pure aloe vera gel and lemon face wash.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel from your favorite brand.
- 1/8 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Small bowl or glass.
- Small spoon.
- Clean facecloth and hand towel.
How to Mix Up and Use Your Aloe Vera & Lemon Acne Face Wash
Follow these steps to mix up your exclusive aloe vera and lemon juice remedy for acne.
- Pour both ingredients into your small bowl or glass.
- Mix well with the spoon.
- Apply to your face.
- Avoid getting around your eyes. Pat dry with a facecloth if you do.
- Gently massage the mixture around your face.
- If treatment is in the morning, wait one minute, then wash off with warm water.
- If treatment is at bedtime, rinse your face off, then apply a second coating and let dry. Wash your face normally in the morning.
- After washing your face, apply clear aloe vera gel and let dry.
- Avoid putting powder or foundation on your face. You can still wear eye makeup if you wish to look your best.
- Continue your aloe vera and lemon treatments twice a day for two weeks.
2. Aloe Vera Gel Honey Mask to Heal Acne
This second recipe is for an aloe vera gel and honey mask recipe that you can leave on your face for ten minutes, then wash off.
Collect together the following ingredients for your aloe vera gel and honey mask recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- 1 tablespoon of honey (as natural and organic as you can buy).
- Small bowl.
- Small spoon.
- Clean facecloth and hand towel.
How to Mix and Use Your Aloe Vera Gel Honey Mask
Follow these steps, and you’ll discover how simple it is to make your healing face masks for acne.
- Pour both aloe vera gel and honey into a small bowl.
- Mix it well with a spoon.
- Apply the mixture to your face with your fingertips.
- Smooth it around, avoiding region around the eyes and the hairline.
- Massage gently for one minute.
- Leave your face mask on for ten minutes.
- Use a clean washcloth if any slides down your face, or even better, apply your face mask in the shower or bath.
- When ten minutes is up, wash the mask off your face with warm water and a damp washcloth.
- Pat skin dry.
- Apply a bit of pure aloe vera to your face to moisturize it.
- Do your aloe and honey mask treatments at least once a day for two weeks.
What About Aloe Vera for Dark Spots?
Dark spots on your face are often caused by pimples that have burst, leaving a scab, and then a small scar after they have dried and healed up. While the best way to avoid scars is by not picking at your pimples, it can be challenging to manage, as often they can break open while washing.
Aloe vera can take some time to eliminate your dark spots caused by pimple scarring. It takes about two weeks for the upper layer of your epidermis to slough off, and another six weeks for the top layers of your skin to refreshen.
If you have extensive scarring on your face, it may be best to see a dermatologist, as they have specialized treatments for radical cases. But for most people, they’ll begin to see improvement within the month.
Precautions and Warnings
Even though aloe vera and other natural ingredients are better at healing up your acne, you should be aware that these ingredients can still cause allergic reactions. It’s best to be mindful that they can cause issues for some people.
- If your aloe vera treatments are making your acne worse, such as causing additional hives, welts, redness, or inflammation, then discontinue usage.
- If your pimples are bleeding, it’s best to let them heal up before starting treatment.
- It’s normal to have a bit of pus coming from whiteheads, but if it’s extreme, this could be an indication of a more severe skin infection. Seek proper medical treatment from a doctor or clinic.
- If your treatments aren’t working at all, but no better or worse, you may still need to seek medical advice if you’re worried about scarring.
- Remember to wash your face and moisturize, even if your skin is sore or itchy, as you must still maintain basic hygiene and keep your skin from drying out.