Did you know that effective moisturization plays an indispensable role in delaying the signs of aging?
The main purpose of a moisturizer is to rehydrate skin and form a protective barrier against external elements. Nevertheless, most of us prefer to buy products that perform more than just this basic function. The Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream is one such product that combines moisturizing benefits with powerful anti-aging properties.
This cream is easily available off-the-counter at drug stores and beauty stores. It is formulated with collagen peptides and various anti-aging ingredients like hyaluronic acid to reduce wrinkles, moisturize skin and plump and lift facial skin.
But the question is, does it achieve the results it promises?
Let us find out.
First Look at the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream
The Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream is a product from the internationally reputed multibillion-dollar Olay brand, which has been a leader in the skin care industry for over half a decade.
This cream is part of the brand’s Regenerist line of products that focus on anti-aging formulations designed to help women look several years younger than they are.
It comes in 1.7 oz red jars with a shiny silver cap and is marketed as an advanced anti-aging cream moisturizer with the power to reduce the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles.
As per the product documentation, the anti-aging benefits it produces are as follows.
- Visibly plumps, firms and corrects the look of wrinkles.
- Visible wrinkle results starting from day 1.
- Softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles and
- Firms the look of skin with plumping hydration.
The label suggests regular use of the product twice a day, to experience results.
The Olay Regenerist moisturizer is thick and creamy white in color. It has a very subtle fragrance. Let us now take a closer look at the ingredients in this cream.
Main Ingredients in Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream
This product has a surprisingly long ingredient list with several active anti-aging and skin-nourishing ingredients. These include:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Critical to keeping the skin hydrated
- Vitamin E: An effective anti-oxidant that reduces photodamage, wrinkles and fine lines
- Carob seed extract: Repairs the skin surface
- Amino Peptide Complex-II: Stimulates cell regeneration and improves collagen levels
- Niacinamide: Reduces pore size and improves skin tone
- Panthenol: Penetrates the skin surface and moisturizes it from within
- Olivem: Derived from olive oil, this component increases the skin’s ability to absorb anti-aging components
On the downside, the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream also contains parabens and sulphates that are associated with health concerns and not recommended for daily use.
What Does the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream Do for Your Skin?
The skin needs moisture to function at optimum level and look fresh. A good cream will not only lock the moisture present in the skin, it will further hydrate the skin. When enough moisture is present, the skin can effectively repair existing damage and replenish itself.
The Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream is a moisturizer packed with anti-aging ingredients that enhance the effect of moisturization. When you apply this cream, its moisture-intensive ingredients penetrate deep into the layers and make it feel intensely hydrated.
As cells suck up the moisture, your skin will instantly appear plumper and firmer. By stretching out the skin surface, it causes a youthful glow. Continuous application for a week will show significant reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles that cause the skin to look old.
Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream has many active ingredients that quicken the skin repair process and make it appear visibly younger in a matter of days. This cream reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and skin sagging on mature skin. Thus, it makes the jawline, cheeks and forehead look more defined.
Does the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream Actually Work?
This cream, like many other anti-aging creams in the market, claims to reverse the effects of aging and restore a youthful appearance to the skin.
The question is, does it live up to these claims?
A quick look at the ingredient list will show you that the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream has a superb blend of powerful anti-aging components like peptides, anti-oxidants and vitamins, each with strong skin repair abilities. Add to it that the cream provides intense moisturization, the formula is bound to be a winner.
Certain claims like the ability of the cream to penetrate 10 layers of skin are obviously difficult to believe. Nonetheless, it is indeed an effective anti-aging cream that improves the texture and overall quality of skin with continued use.
When you start using the cream, the first thing you will observe is the intense hydration it provides. Although moisture-rich, it doesn’t form a greasy film on the skin but blends in thoroughly. So, you will end up with skin that feels soft and supple, while looking fresh and glowing.
Now, if you have oily skin, you may wonder if this is suitable for you since it has such a high moisture content. What you should know is that this cream effectively balances out the oiliness of the skin. As a result, the entire face, including the T-zone area, appears smooth but not greasy, if you have oily or combination skin.
The Olay ads promise results in just 24 hours, which seem rather unrealistic. But give it a week’s time and you will start seeing some improvement in the overall condition of your skin.
The best part of using the cream is that by plumping up the skin, it smoothens out fine lines and wrinkles and prevent them from setting in permanently.
Important Features of Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream
Like every product from the Olay Regenerist line, this Micro-sculpting moisturizing cream also has its unique features. Here are some of the notable features of this product.
- Rich, luxurious texture: We can compare the texture of this moisturizer to creamy frosting. Upon application, it transfers enough moisture to the skin to make it intensely hydrated. This works wonders on dry skin.
- The scent seems to disappear after application: Although you can feel a faint flowery smell during application of the cream, it is barely discernible after a while. Hence, you can wear it without worrying about the smell clashing with your perfume.
- The effect of plumped skin is almost immediately noticeable: Just as the product ads suggest, skin is immediately lifted up and refreshed after application of this moisturizer. This immediately adds bounce and a healthy glow to the face.
Who Can Benefit From the Use of Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream?
The first signs of aging can appear as early as when you are in your twenties. Do not wait till these signs intensify to start using anti-aging solutions. Delay the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin before you hit your thirties by using Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting moisturizer in your daily skin care routine.
This product is suitable for both women and men alike. It can be used on all skin types but is extremely useful for dry skin as the intense hydration it provides can greatly improve the appearance of dry skin. However, use it in small doses if you have oily skin since it can add more shine than you like, to your facial skin.
How to Use the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream for Best Results
The product label suggests that you can experience results in as little as 24 hours of using Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream. While you can feel a difference almost immediately, regular and long-term use of this product is necessary for visible results.
Olay suggests that you use this product twice a day, to maximize the benefits of its ingredients. You can even build your anti-aging routine around this product and the rest of the products in the Olay Regenerist range.
For best results, use the Olay Regenerist cream immediately after cleansing and toning your face in the morning. Leave it on to penetrate the skin before applying any make-up.
Olay also suggests using this cream at night, so the active ingredients can further repair existing damage and improve appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The advanced amino-peptide complex helps to regenerate tired and worn out skin cells and refresh your skin overnight.
A complete anti-aging skin care regime will also include sun protection. Since Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream does not contain SPF, make sure that you include a separate sunscreen in your skin care routine during the day.
Best Benefits of Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream
Here are the features and benefits that make Olay Regenerist Micro-sculping cream better than similar products in the market.
- Price point: For a product that contains a lot of active anti-aging ingredients, each with several proven benefits to reverse the signs of aging, the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream is very reasonably priced. Being affordable, you can easily incorporate it into your skin care regime and try it out to see if it produces results.
- Easily available at most drugstores and department stores: Unlike other hyper-expensive anti-aging products that are difficult to procure, Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream is easily available at all pharmacies and department stores. You can also order it online. So, forget about stocking up in case you run out of the cream.
- Almost odorless: Although the cream has a pleasant flowery aroma, it tends to fade quickly after application. Hence, it will not clash with your perfume or create an overwhelming sensation.
- No whitening or soapy effect: Unlike some of the other products in the Olay line, the Olay Regenerist moisturizer easily blends in leaving no chalky residue or white patches. Hence it can be applied as a base for make-up.
- Makes skin soft and supple: As you massage the cream into your skin, you will observe how it immediately lifts the skin surface. By doing so, the fine lines around your eyes, in your forehead and in the cheeks and jaw will be diminished. As a result, skin immediately appears more youthful and refreshed.
- Long-lasting effects: When compared to other products that offer similar benefits, Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream hydrates skin and leaves it moisturized for several hours. Skin will appear soft and silky for hours without the need for reapplication.
- Rich texture without being heavy: Most rich creams are excessively oily, and they create a greasy effect on skin. However, the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream isn’t thick or sticky.
- Reduction of wrinkles and fine lines is obvious in few weeks: This product lives up to almost all that it claims. Continuous and consistent use almost always reveals improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by the end of a month. Skin elasticity increases, and complexion is evened out.
Likely Issues With the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream
Let us now look at some of the less desirable qualities associated with the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream.
- You may find it too thick for your liking: Although it provides intense moisturization, the texture of this cream may not appeal to everyone. It also takes time to blend into the skin. Depending on your personal preferences, you may feel it is too sticky or heavy, especially if you wear it beneath makeup.
- It contains several chemical additives: If you are worried about the presence of parabens and phthalates in your skin care products, this may not be the right choice for you. The Olay Regenerist moisturizer has several active ingredients, some of which may trigger reactions in sensitive skin.
- Can initially cause flaking of skin: Some users report peeling of skin when first using the product. This is mostly caused by the turnover of dry skin and it clears up over time. However, this factor may be of concern to certain users.
With highly effective anti-aging ingredients like amino peptides, hyaluronic acid and anti-oxidants, Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting moisturizer is an excellent product to reverse and delay the signs of aging.
Having said so, it is important to note that it has a long and comprehensive ingredient list which includes various chemical additives that may not be suitable for everyone.
Overall, the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting moisturizer is a decent product that offers significant anti-aging benefits at an affordable price, when you are not concerned about its heavy texture and chemical composition.