Dead Sea mud is located around the beaches of the Dead Sea. It’s uncertain for how long women have been utilizing mud in their beauty routines, but in the late 80s, one spa technician saw women packing up the Dead Sea mud to take home from their vacations. These women knew that the mud had special healing and cleansing properties.
The Dead Sea has been nicknamed “The Fountain of Youth”. Since 1988, Dead Sea mud has been sold commercially. Today, there are many different brands to choose from.
What Are Dead Sea Mud Mask Benefits?
Dead Sea mud looks like regular mud, but it’s sourced from one spot in the Dead Sea. This mud has a higher percentage of salts and minerals which are beneficial for skin health. It’s been tested to have a higher percentage of calcium, chloride, iron, magnesium, potassium, and sodium which are all linked to providing health benefits and healing properties for your physical ailments.
These minerals are essential for the healthy functioning of every cell in the body, but when directly applied to the skin, they aid in the healing and formation of healthy skin cells. The mud also aids in improving circulation, so that vital nutrients and oxygen are more easily brought to the cells, and that also enable the toxins and wastes to be carried away.
A Dead Sea mud mask can help to improve the appearance of your face by improving elasticity, minimizing pores, and smoothing over wrinkles and lines. It also has the benefit of making your face feel clean and refreshed.
Healthy skin is measured by its pH balance. This is how acidic or alkaline it is. The scale is on a 1-14 scale. 7 is neutral and is the goal. Something such as the overproduction of certain types of acne or fungal bacteria can put your skin out of balance. This is when you start noticing problems.
Can Mud Masks Help Acne?
A mud mask can provide many healing properties to someone who is suffering from acne. Acne is caused by a bacteria called propionibacterium that infects the hair follicles and pores of the skin. While this bacteria is present on nearly every human, when the colonies get out of control they can trigger excess sebum (oil) which can cause small infected lumps, or pimples, to grow on the skin.
Pimples can become unsightly, starting out as an inflamed red welt, growing white pus, and then breaking open to cause bleeding, which can lead to scarring the skin. These scars can last for years. Most teenagers and adults who suffer acne go to great lengths to treat it and cover it with ointments and cosmetics.
The good news is that a Dead Sea mud mask can be of benefit to those who suffer from acne. It assists in restoring a skin’s healthy pH balance. It’s commonly used on the face, but can be used on any part of the body due to its healing properties.
Here are just a few of the ways that Dead Sea mud can help your skin to heal.
- Cleansing properties. The mud will reach down into the skin’s pores and remove any impurities and excess oil when it’s rinsed from the skin.
- Decreases scarring. The minerals in the mud will help to speed healing, leaving less opportunity for the skin to scar.
- Decreases sebum production. The mud will soak up the oils and encourage the skin’s oil glands to return to normal production levels.
- Improves appearance. After using a Dead Sea mud mask your skin will have a healthy glow. It will absorb any excess oil which will be washed off with the mud in warm water. Your skin will look fresh and clean for longer.
- Decreases acne. The minerals in the mud will naturally restore your skin’s pH balance, decreasing the bacteria so your skin will soon be clear of pimples.
How to Use a Dead Sea Mud Mask
Using a Dead Sea mud mask is really simple. Your mask will arrive in a jar or container with a twist lid.
- Twist off the lid.
- Scoop out a small amount of the mud with fingertips.
- Gently apply the mask all around your face.
- Avoid hairline, brows, the oval around your eyes, nostrils, and lips.
- Ensure you apply enough so you can’t see your skin.
- Don’t make it so thick that it falls off in chunks.
- Use a facecloth with warm water if you get any on your eyelids.
- Leave on for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- You’ll know your mask is dry when it starts feeling tight and flakes off.
- Stay around your bathroom sink, or do your routine in the bathtub, so cleanup is easier.
- When the time is up, use a facecloth and warm water to wash the mud off your face.
- Check the mirror to ensure no mud is stuck in your brows or hair.
- Rinse again to ensure all the mud has been removed.
- Pat your face dry with a fresh towel.
- Do your Dead Sea mud treatments about once every three days.
- Try to avoid moisturizing or wearing cosmetics for a few days, particularly if you’re trying to heal a skin condition, as these products can affect the pH balance of your skin.
Here are 5 products that will improve the appearance of your skin, reduce pores, and help to clear up acne.
1. Pure Body Naturals Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask for Facial Treatment
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Highly effective against blackheads and blemishes.
- Has a high concentration of sodium and magnesium.
- Will draw out oils, clean pores, and make face feel fresh and clean.
- 250g/8.8 fl.oz container.
The Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask has been created for face or body. As the mud dries on your skin you’ll be able to feel it tighten and draw out toxins and excess oil in your pores. It’s particularly helpful for people who suffer a poor diet or the ravages of big city pollution. In no time at all you’ll have skin that will feel refreshingly clean.
The Body Naturals mask contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals that your skin needs. These are naturally sourced from the Dead Sea. Your skin will experience many other benefits, such as becoming more youthful with skin elasticity, and having a youthful and flawless glow as the minerals will naturally stimulate blood flow.
This mask has had sunflower, shea butter, aloe vera juice, and jojoba oil added to more deeply hydrate the skin. This skin mask is safe for all skin types to use.
2. Majestic Pure Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask Facial Cleanser
- 100% natural formula.
- High concentration of salts and minerals.
- Perfect for oily and sensitive skin.
- Will tighten pores and tone skin.
- 250 gram/8.8 fl. oz.
The Majestic Pure Dead Sea facial cleanser will provide complete care for your face and body, and clean and restore your skin to a rosy natural glow. It has a high concentration of salts and minerals in its Dead Sea mud formulation. It will remove impurities and generally make your skin look clean and clear. Your skin will absorb the beneficial minerals which are needed to assist the skin in having a healthy pH balance.
You’ll be able to enjoy your Majestic mud mask in the comfort of your home without having to visit expensive salons. It will aid in the natural but gentle exfoliation of your skin.
It’s not only perfect for soothing tired muscles but can aid in the healing of psoriasis and dermatitis. Will naturally soften and moisturize your skin. This clay mask will even out skin texture, heal blemishes and overall improve appearance.
3. Art Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face, Body and Hair
- Authentic Dead Sea mud from Israel.
- Will remove toxins and leave pores clean and refreshed.
- 100% pure, organic ingredients.
- Like having a spa in your own home.
- 250 ml/8.8 fl. oz.
Art Naturals is a Dead Sea Mask that is completely natural, and has been mineral-infused with the benefits of the Dead Sea. It’s actually sourced from mud in Israel so you’re assured of buying a genuine Dead Sea mask. It contains no additional additives, only natural ingredients such as aloe vera juice, shea butter, hickory bark extract, sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, and kaolin.
It will help to remove stubborn blackheads, as well as fading fine lines and be a natural remedy for dry itchy skin. It’s also perfect for a general anti-aging remedy for adult skin.
Besides eliminating acne, it will reduce skin pores, improve skin elasticity, and reduce the signs of aging. It will also help to improve blood circulation and reduce the appearance of cellulite. This mask is suitable for teens and men and women. This skin mask is safe to use on the entire body and can be used for people of all skin types.
4. Aria Star Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 100% natural mineral-rich ingredients.
- Suitable for deep cleansing, exfoliating, and detoxifying.
- Suitable for the face and body, and for men and women.
- #1 professional formula.
- 250 ml/8.8 fl. oz.
The Aria Star Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask is a natural mineral-rich formula that contains calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and more. It’s a high-quality formula and contains shea butter, aloe vera, and jojoba oil.
This mud mask will exfoliate the skin and deep cleanse and detoxify it too. It will remove impurities deep within the pores, including dead skin, excess oil, dirt, and toxins, to reveal smooth, fresh, and clean looking skin beneath. It will also help to fight off acne and blackheads but still act as a moisturizer to keep skin soft and smooth.
This formula is also good for fighting off acne and blackheads. The minerals will work to cleanse, detoxify and treat your skin. It will never be drying, and will help to moisturize and soften your skin too. It will improve blood circulation and aid in speeding healing and restoring your skin’s healthy pH balance.
5. Amara Organics Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 100% natural mineral-rich formula.
- Contains only Dead Sea mud and grapefruit seed extract.
- Perfect for treating dermatitis or dry skin.
- Made in Israel, bottled in the USA.
- 237 ml/8 fl. oz.
The Amara Organics Dead Sea Mud Mask is for people who want only the benefits of the Dead Sea without a lot of added ingredients. It contains 99.75% pure Dead Sea mud. Only grapefruit seed extract has been added as a natural preservative. This mud gives the best experience without you having to actually visit the Dead Sea.
This mud still contains all the helpful minerals in the Dead Sea mud, such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and potassium. This mud is beneficial for detoxifying the face, and removing any impurities or excess oil from the skin. It’s also beneficial for restoring your skin to its natural radiant glow and will clear up acne.
It’s suitable for relieving dry or itchy skin, particularly by those who suffer from eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis, without worries that you may suffer allergic reactions from other added ingredients.
Precautions & Safety Measures When Trying a Dead Sea Mud Mask
There are some precautions and safety measures you should keep in mind before using a Dead Sea mud mask on your skin.
- If your skin is bleeding or raw, seek the help of a physician before trying a Dead Sea mud mask.
- Don’t leave your mask on overnight.
- Follow the directions on the container for optimum benefits.
- Do not use a mud mask in replacement of any medical treatments your doctor has prescribed you.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or crevices of the body.
- If you experience any sensitivity or allergic reactions after use, discontinue usage.
- If your skin condition shows no improvement, visit a physician.
If you’ve been having difficulties maintaining a healthy glowing skin complexion, try one of these five Dead Sea mud mask treatments. Not only are they more affordable than traditional medicinal remedies, they can speed natural healing. Soon you’ll find your skin being restored to a healthy natural glow.