Besides being safe to use around the eyes, coconut oil is right for your lashes for a variety of reasons. It provides natural moisturizer to your lashes, much like it does to your hair.
Coconut oil has many compounds, notably a wide range of natural fatty acids, such as lauric, myristic, caprylic, and capric acid, which are all medium-chain fatty acids, essential building blocks for every cell in the human body.
Most women who use coconut oil to enhance their lashes will directly apply it to their lashes.
Coconut oil will work as a cosmetic, visibly making your eyelashes soft and shiny. It can also strengthen the lashes and prevent them from breaking or falling out and promote growth.
Coconut oil is also non-comedogenic, so that it won’t clog the pores of your skin.
- Recommended Reading : The Surprising Benefits of Using Castor oil for Your Eyelashes
Coconut Oil Eyelash Serum Recipe
Coconut oil provides a natural lubricant to your eyes. You can make coconut oil eyelash serum in your own home.
Ingredients You Need
You can easily purchase all of these ingredients from the supermarket, a supplement store, or online.
- One container of fractionated coconut oil—this is the liquid form of coconut oil—you won’t need the whole bottle but buy the smallest you can find.
- One drop of lemon essential oil
- One drop of lavender oil (Aura Cacia is a good brand)
- One roller bottle with twist-on lid
It’s straightforward to mix all your ingredients to make an effective eyelash serum. Pour your coconut oil into your roller bottle and fill up until 1/4 inch from the top of the container. Add one drop of lemon oil and one drop of lavender oil.
Push the roller lid onto the top of the bottle and screw on the cover. Shake it well. It’s now ready to use.
How to Apply It On Eyelashes
- It’s best to use at bedtime, as it may be a bit greasy-looking for daytime usage.
- Apply it to your eyelashes with the rollerball of the bottle. This keeps your eyes from becoming contaminated by touching with your fingers.
- You may wish to blot your lashes with a dry clean cloth if too much oil is on your eyes.
- Your lashes should feel moisturized, but there shouldn’t be any oil dripping into your eyes.
- Do this right before lights off at bedtime.
- Go to sleep.
Things You Need to Remember
- Implement your new eyelash routine at bedtime.
- Wash your face with coconut soap, rinse with water, and pat dry with a cloth.
- Ensure your hands are clean too.
- Apply a small amount of the serum to your eyelashes.
- Skip any other eyelash product, mascara, or serum while using natural coconut oil.
- Apply your serum every night of the week. It’s okay if you skip the weekend.
Coconut oil is also an excellent makeup remover. It will help to get rid of any waxy makeup and leave the delicate area more hydrated. Once you are done, wash off your face.
Now let us see what the significant side effects caused by excessive use of coconut oil are.
Side Effects of Coconut Oil
When used in a moderate amount, they are unlikely to cause any side effects or interactions.
Rarely coconut oil is found to cause allergic reactions and some skin disorders. It is a rare phenomenon and causes side effects only on those who are hypersensitive.
How to Choose Best Quality Coconut Oil?
As we know, coconut oil is full of good saturated fats and antioxidants. They are versatile and one of the most ancient among essential oils. But how do you choose the best and most healthy coconut oil? How do you know whether to buy a refined or unrefined oil?
- Recommended Read : 5 Best Coconut Oils for Hair & Skin, Rated Best by Users
A refined version of coconut oils do not have the same health benefits as that of pure version, but they are a great source of fatty acids. Most of the coconut oils available in grocery stores are refined versions unless it is specified on the label.
An unrefined version of coconut oil is usually labeled as a virgin. They are typically made from the first pressing of fresh, raw coconut without the addition of any chemicals.
Long and thick eyelashes are a dream of every woman, and they are ready to spend any amount of money for achieving that. But as we have seen, there are natural methods which are equally effective if not more! Using natural ingredients are not only safe, but they don’t cause any sorts of eye irritations.
If you have ever tried coconut oil as a natural remedy for growing eyelashes, share with us your experiences by leaving a comment below.