Rosehip oil is a hidden gem that can do absolute wonders on your skin. It is a one-stop solution for skin issues like acne breakouts, pimples, blemishes, wrinkles. You name it.
Don’t believe us? Makes sense.
But do you think bonafide beauties like Kate Middleton, Lena Dunham, Miranda Kerr would endorse a natural oil just like that? All of them have unanimously agreed that rosehip oil is one of the most effective natural skin replenishers and anti-agers ever.
So what exactly is this rosehip oil? It is derived by cold pressing the seeds of the fruits of rose plants. It is loaded with vitamins and has excellent hydrating properties. It can restore the natural barrier of the skin to curb oxidative damage. In simple terms, it will help you keep your skin young and glowing for years to come.
5 Best Rosehip Oils for an Enviably Smooth Skin
So now that you have discovered this fantastic solution for all your major skin ailments, let’s us help you pick the best brand to go with:
1. Radha Beauty USDA Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
The first product on our list is proof that you don’t always have to spend a fortune to get beautiful, blemish-free skin. Radha Beauty is a 100% organic, cold-pressed, and steam distilled rosehip seed oil for all skin types. It has a light amber color and smells fresh and mild.
But these are not the only reasons why it has earned the top spot on this list. We read the ingredients of the product and found it to contain essential fatty acids and antioxidants like lycopene and beta-carotene.
While fatty acids, along with the goodness of rosehip oil, can vanish sun spots, acne from your skin, it can also hydrate your skin from within. So, if you are dealing with dry skin problems, this product is worth checking out.
On the other hand, the antioxidants fight rashes, redness, inflammation, and also create a barrier against pollution-induced damaged. As a result, you are endowed with a healthy, rejuvenated skin that feels soft and looks flawless.
One of the most endearing things about this oil is that it doesn’t stain your face or makes the skin look oily. The concoction is super light, which helps it to penetrate your skin for fast and effective results easily.
It comes in a 4 oz bottle, and you will only need 3-5 drops to massage your skin. For best results, we would suggest you use it once in the morning and once in the evening, after cleansing your face.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Easily absorbed by the skin.
- Has added fatty acids and antioxidants.
- USDA certified organic oil.
- Not the ultimate rosehip oil for acne-fighting.
2. Majestic Pure Cold Pressed Premium Rose Hip Seed Oil
For starters, this seed oil has been derived from exotic rose plant fruits from Chile, and it does not contain any fillers or additives.
Instead, it is enriched with vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants to ensure wholesome skin-care. If you are in your 40s and worrying about the visible lines on your skin, a few tiny drops of this oil can free you from your worries. And even if your skin doesn’t have the signs of aging (yet!), you can use it solely for its moisturizing benefit as well.
Not just skin, it boasts of excellent nourishment properties for your hair and nails as well. Applying it on hair nourishes, increases blood circulation in the scalp, thus strengthening the root of your hair. As for your nail, it will soften the cuticles and make your nails appear shiny if you apply just a tiny amount of it every day.
- Additive and filler-free formula.
- Cruelty-free, not tested on animals.
- A natural anti-aging solution.
- Tightens your skin.
- Good for your nail and hair health as well.
- Might make your skin feel oily if you already have oily skin.
3. Rosehip Seed Oil USDA Certified Organic by Kate Blanc.
Now, this is the real deal. Kate Blanc’s original rosehip oil can lessen the symptoms of severe skin diseases like eczema and dermatitis. And as for usual skin issues like acne break out, inflammation, fine lines, and wrinkles – it sort of works like a magic potent, no kidding.
Magical things do happen to your skin when you use 100% organic, hexane-free rosehip oil like this, instead of some cheap rosehip oil “enriched” product.
It is the most potent and effective anti-aging solution of this list so far. For it contains omega-3 and omega-6 along with other fatty acids. It tightens not only your skin but also tones it and brings out a sort of “bridal glow.”
But all these will happen only if you religiously apply the oil twice a day without fail. Talking about benefits, virgin rosehip oil like this is a godsend for colored as well as sun-damaged hair. Massage your hair with this oil at night to give your hair all the nourishment it needs to stay healthy and shiny.
- Slows down the aging process of your skin.
- Restores the health of sun-damaged hair.
- Softens nail cuticles.
- Lessens the symptoms of eczema, sores, inflammation, and dermatitis.
- Adequately hydrates your skin.
- It is not a befitting choice for susceptible, acne-prone skin.
4. Molivera Organics Cold Pressed Virgin Rosehip Seed Oil
The next product on our list has a very lightweight formula that goes easy on your skin. It is least likely to cause skin breakout even if you have insanely sensitive skin. However, we would still recommend sensitive-skin folks to consult a skin-care specialist before using this.
However, most probably, your skin-care expert would give this product a green signal for the following reasons: One, the oil is 100% organic; therefore, the chances of side-effect are nil.
Two, the carefully blended formula promotes collagen production and reduces stretch marks. As a result, your skin remains tight, supple, young, and wrinkle-free for a long time. Three, it doesn’t contain hexane or any other chemical as well.
Lastly, the oil works equally well for both oily and dry skin. If you have oily skin, applying this oil at first might make your skin feel sticky. However, it will eventually slow down the oil production of your skin pores. Also, you can use it to maintain the optimum health and appearance of your hair and nail.
- Chemical and additive-free.
- Fights skin aging.
- Makes your face appear supple and blemish-free.
- Good for hair and nail as well.
- The smell is a minor turn-off.
5. Teddie Organics Rosehip Seed Oil for Face, Hair and Skin
Teddie Organics maintains the elasticity of your skin by sufficiently moisturizing your skin. The better the flexibility of your skin, the smoother and more toned your face will look.
Tightening and toning saggy skin are not the only benefits of this oil. The cold-pressed formula has incredible anti-inflammatory properties that can protect your skin against rashes, redness, eczema, and several other skin ailments.
The best parts are that it doesn’t feel oily at all, no matter how oily your skin is. And secondly, it is one of those very few products in the market that shows visible results real quick. This is probably due to its ability to sink in your skin pores effectively. Last but not least, you can also use this rosehip oil for conditioning your scalp and replenishing nails.
- Lightweight formula doesn’t feel oily and sticky.
- Works fast.
- Helps to prevent several common skin diseases.
- Removes stretch marks and lines.
- Smells a bit like canola oil for some reason.
Tips on How to Use Rosehip Oil
- Apply this oil twice a day for best results.
- Use a mild face wash in the morning and a cleansing oil in the evening to clean your face before applying rosehip oil.
- Take 2-3 drops on your palm and massage your face and neck area with the oil for two minutes.
- You can also use this oil to deeply-condition your hair before bedtime.
- Make sure to test a small area of your face first before applying the oil on your entire face.
Things to Consider While Buying Rosehip Seed Oil
- Check the ingredients label of the product carefully. If it contains chemicals like hexane or any fillers, skip it. Only pure, organic cold-pressed/steam-distilled rosehip oil should be applied on your skin, hair, and nails. Period.
- For best results, choose a light, thin oil formula. It is because it will dry out quickly by getting easily absorbed by your skin. The quicker the absorption rate of your oil, the faster it will work.
- Choose a product that is rated for all skin types.
- Look for USDA certification if your skin is extremely prone to acne breakouts.
- Consult your dermatologist first if you have previously experienced skin irritation due to using any botanical oil.
What Does Rosehip Oil Will Do for Your Skin
As we have already discussed in the earlier sections, rosehip oil is full of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids. It helps you fight common skin issues such as rashes, acne, flaky skin, and so on. It can’t cure but at least lessen the symptoms of severe ailments like eczema and dermatitis.
The vitamins and antioxidants fight free radicals to slow down radical damage. Then we have essential fatty acids that boost tissues and cell membrane regeneration to keep your skin toned, gorgeous, and, most importantly, healthy from within.
Below we have listed the top benefits of rosehip oil on your skin:
1. Anti-aging Benefits
Skin-care experts hail rosehip oil all over the globe for its incredible ability to slow down skin aging. Rosehip oil contains Vit-C, which promotes collagen production. Collagen product is directly responsible for the slow down of the aging process.
It is also full of other antioxidants that go deep into your skin pores, hydrate your skin, and fade the signs of aging. Along with these, it is also loaded with lycopene and Vit-A that heal skin tissues and, thus, quicken up the healing process if your skin has any scars.
2. Removes Stretch Marks
When your skin receives proper hydration from time to time, the tissues regenerate. As a result, you are blessed with soft and supple skin with no stretch marks.
3. Fights Acne
The anti-inflammatory property and emollient-like quality of the fatty acids can tone down the severity of acne breakouts. If you continue to apply rosehip oil regularly, it will create a protective barrier on your skin against acne, redness, and skin burning problems.
4. Prevents Hyperpigmentation
Sun damage can lead to hyperpigmentation, which can further escalate and cause age spots. The combination of Vit-E and C helps to prevent excessive pigment production. That’s why you might notice age spots disappearing from your face and your skin looking brighter, a few weeks after using this oil.
Tips on How to Store Rosehip Seed Oil
There are a few things you need to follow to get the best out of whichever brand you are opting for.
First of all,
Store the oil in a hygienic, fresh, and dry place, away from direct heat. It is because most brands contain omega. It can make the oil turn bad real fast if exposed to direct sunlight for a long time. It is best to store it in a closed cabinet or fridge to maximize its shelf-life.
Make sure to shut the cap of your oil bottle tightly. If the lid is loose, the formula will lose much of its healing and rejuvenating properties.
It would help if you considered mixing rosehip oil with one or two other types of essential oils to increase its shelf-life. This will also help you reap the maximum benefits of rosehip oil. We are suggesting this because 100% organic rosehip oil expires fast, as it doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives. For the best results, you should mix vitamin-E or C extract. It can make your rosehip oil last for up to 2 years.