Remedies for improving nail growth may not come in good looking bottles or the form of pastes. We can easily make them at home and have lasting results, which cannot be seen on some of these popular cosmetic products. In this article, we will be discussing the top 10 natural tips and tricks you can follow for growing your nails.
1. Orange Juice
An excellent home remedy capable of boosting your nail development is orange juice. The abundance of Vitamin C will facilitate the production of collagen, which will help to make your nails healthier and stronger with time. They also have an ample amount of folic acid, which is found to improve the growth of nails.
- Make fresh orange juice and place it on a bowl.
- Soak your nails on the bowl for around 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water, pat dry, and apply some natural moisturizer.
- Follow these steps at least once a day until you see effective results.
2. Lemon Juice
Just like orange, lemon is also considered as an excellent home remedy for nail growth because of the excessive amount of Vitamin C in them. They are also found to get rid of yellow nails and give them a beautiful shine.
- Make a mix of lemon juice and olive oil. Heat the mixture for a while and soak your nails for around 10-15 minutes.
- Rubbing your nails with a slice of lemon is also considered as a good idea. But before performing this, make sure your nails have no cuts or bruises as it may sting.
Proper supply of vitamins is very much essential for maintaining health in general and nail health in specific. In that sense, biotin is a crucial vitamin that is capable of stimulating the growth of nails as it improves the keratin structure.
- The best way to get biotin is to include them in our diet like eating walnuts, soybeans, almonds, tomatoes, eggs, etc.
- Biotin supplements are also available in plenty, but make sure you consult a doctor before using them.
The slow rate of nail growth and other related abnormalities associated with nails are often linked with a deficiency of biotin.
Tomatoes are found to contain a large amount of biotin and lycopene, which is capable of growing your nails and thicken it up naturally to give it a shiny look. Eating tomatoes raw is more effective, as cooking might get rid of the Vitamin C present in it.
With tomatoes, you can also make the right quality nail soaks, which will help to grow the nails longer and faster.
- Make a mix of tomato juice and rosemary essential oil.
- Soak your nails in it for around 5-10 minutes.
- It will moisturize and enhance the color of nails.
There is no wonder that bananas boost the energy level to a great extent, mainly because of its rich potassium content and vitamin. Bananas are also loaded with silica and zinc, which is found to improve the look and feel of nails and strengthens up it.
You can try out eating bananas as a mid-morning & a mid-afternoon snack for improving nail growth. It is also good to include them as part of morning oatmeal or cereal to enjoy excellent health benefits.
According to ancient medical experts, herbs are considered a smart way to improve nail growth, and among herbs, horsetail is something which is found to be very useful in doing the same. Being a source of calcium, silica, and other valuable minerals, horsetail contributes a lot in maintaining the health of your nails.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of boiled water and add a teaspoon of dried horsetail.
- Cover it up and allow it to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and let it cool off naturally.
- Soak your nails for 20-30 minutes in the mixture.
- Follow this procedure at least 4-5 times per week.
It is also good to drink or consume horsetail tea once or twice daily for achieving healthy nails.
7. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of beta-carotene and antioxidant, which is of great importance to the body. They can boost immunity and promote stronger and healthy nails. They are packed with the antioxidant beta-carotene, which will get converted to Vitamin A. Lack of this vitamin can lead to dry and brittle nails.
- Cook full sweet potatoes with water in a pressure cooker for 7-10 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, allow it to cool and remove the skin of potatoes.
- Consume at least 3 half-cup servings of boiled sweet potatoes for healthy and strong nails.
- You can also try baked and roasted sweet potatoes.
By including these super-foods in your diet plan, it is sure that you can enjoy healthy and strong nails.
8. Olive Oil
Keeping your nails well moisturized is essential for promoting its growth. Olive oil is one of the best natural home remedies for this purpose.
- Apply warm olive oil to nails, before you sleep. Massage them for 5 – 10 minutes and leave it overnight. You can also wear gloves to moisturize your nails.
- You can also soak your nails in warm olive oil for around 30 minutes.
- Try to follow these steps once or twice daily.
Dehydration has a significant impact on the overall health of your nails, just like it does for the rest of the body. Dehydration can lead to cuticles and weak nails. So for preventing dehydration, it will be better to consume 8-10 glasses of water a day.
Also, try to have more fruits and vegetables that are rich in water content. If possible, avoid drinking tea, coffee, alcohol, and carbonated drinks as they can cause more dehydration.
After reading through this article on ten natural tips for nail growth, we hope that you have learned some useful ways of making your nails grow quicker and effectively. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your comments below.